The Friends of Grovelands Park, Winchmore Hill, N21
Improvements to the Park
Grovelands Park won the prestigious Green Flag Award in 2007. A management plan is available on the website together with an Action plan detailing how and when the works will be carried out.
• There are a number of improvements designed to assist in making Grovelands Park a more welcoming place during 2007/08.
• The Inverforth Gates at the main entrance have been completely renovated during 2007.
• Repainting of the Gates to ensure that as visitors enter the Park, the entrance looks cared-for and well-managed.
• During 2008, new signage for the main entrance which informs the public about the Facilities and the location of those facilities within the Park will be installed.
• The planting outside the Broad Walk entrance will be replaced.
• The avenue leading from Broad Walk will be restored to its former glory with new Rhododendrons and Azaleas.
• Capital provision for Grovelands Park was approved as part of a £3.5Million program of investment. The existing toilets have been completely refurbished with new cubicles and sanitary fixtures including hand dryers and baby changing facilities.
• An extension to the rear of the café houses a new ambulant disabled toilet facility has been installed in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
• As part of the works a new access ramp to the café together with raising the front elevation of the café formed part of the extensive works completed during 2007.
• The landscape outside the Cafe is being redesigned.